Sunday, December 24, 2023

Ramble on: Just talking about stuff.

Response to friends’ post on Facebook, slightly edited. 


FLOOD of commercial advertisements on Facebook? I guess, that's bound to happen. Pragmatically speaking. I still read old magazines, including glossy magazines with about 80 percent ads. I get lucky when I get 2 or 3 interesting articles. That's the way it is. But I read old-school as a habit. I read only 4 or 5 media outlets in the internet though. Other news sources come with annoying ads or links between paragraphs so no more of that for me. 



       On FB, I am fine with 5 or 7 friends on my Homepage. Ads or reels versus posts that only irritate me? It's no brainer. Besides, I enjoy these cat/dog videos, feeds about basketball, memory of old movies, cooking tips, and silliness from my nephews. The internet per se is a giant mall so let it be. Hence, after I am done (or in between) my structured posts, I then deal with my 16 TV series (that I follow at a time), LOL! With my dog and 2 cats beside me. Life is good regardless. 💻⌨️💻




ALTHOUGH I don't work (job) anymore as I did, this internet/social media thing can really hold us captive. So I try my best to post/write as I did before we were brought online. I draft 95 percent of my posts and follow a strict time allotment/regimen. So I can't afford to get ruffled or distracted by silly arguments. Too much mental energy lost and time wasted. I was then. I mean, 20+ minutes on a singular argument about a subject that will never be resolved, esp. with someone that we haven't even met in person. Although I have blocked a few longtime friends who act like 7 year olds here. More annoying than 15 ads in one slide of my thumb, LOL! 💻⌨️💻

No comments:

Post a Comment